How to Establish a New Lawn
SEED BED, SEED BED, SEED BED
- Till soil 3 inches deep, then level
- Plant seeds both directions 8-10 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft.
TIMING OF AGRICULTURE IS VERY CRITICAL
- For best results plant in the fall (September 15th – Nov. 1st)
- Plant in early spring (February 1st – May 10th)
ROLL TO COVER
- Rolling covers seed with dirt
- Important to cover seed for maximum germination
- Compressed soil holds moisture and less prone to erosion
- Fertilize your new lawn or don’t bother to plant the seed
- Use 1 bag of MAGNUM fertilizer per 5,000 sq. ft.
- Use 50 lbs. of lime per 1000 sq ft.
- Lime to obtain a ph level of 7 (neutral)
- Mulch with 1″ straw to hold moisture
- Start: Daily
- After germination: weekly, 2 to 3 inches
- Only after 3″ of growth but before falling over